The Perennial Plant Conference Brings 600 Experts & Enthusiasts Together
The Perennial Plant Conference is held at the Scott Arboretum on the campus of Swarthmore College, known as “the most beautiful campus in America.” This allows participants ample opportunity to observe perennials in a wide variety of gardens and landscapes.
Now in its 36th year, the conference has frequently attracted a “sold-out” audience of 600 people, which also makes it a great opportunity to meet other perennial plant advocates and share experiences.
How It All Began
The Perennial Plant Conference was started in 1983 to bring locally, nationally, and internationally recognized experts on perennials together for a day-long conference with an educational focus.
The sponsoring institutions of the conference are:
- Longwood Gardens
- Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
- Hardy Plant Society/Mid-Atlantic Group
The People Behind the Plants
Each year, the conference committee strives to create a balanced conference by selecting lectures that will appeal to all members of our audience. This includes speakers who will focus on:
- Effectively addressing commercial/retail issues
- Taking an in-depth look at specific genera of perennial plants
- Exploring how to use perennial plants in the landscape
- Discussing practical issues, such as pest and disease management
Join Us for this Year’s Conference!
Here’s what you need to know about the event: